3 days has passed from the fear of end of the world on 21.12.12 in the Mayan Calendar. Do you believe this day will come? Well, I don’t know but as far as I know the world has not ended yet and I am still alive in piece and busy preparing for the Christmas eve dinner with the in-laws tonight. Got back from a short holiday trip last night from PD. My kids have not been to PD before and we put up a night at Grand Lexis Hotel. Nice room with a private pool. I think the last round I went to PD is 10 yrs back. Gosh ….
Back to tonight preparation… I did an easy roasted chicken with potatoes for the in-laws. My in-laws are Catholic and hubby’s uncles, aunties and late grandpa, grandma, uncles are Catholic. Then quite a number of friends asked us, how come your hubby… not a Catholic? Hmmmm…. hard to explain but both of us are Buddhism and we have an altar at home for prayers.
I wanted something easy to cook tonight so roasted chicken is the answer for the dinner tonight.I knew that today I am running out of time because me and hubby went to a movie date earlier just to utilized the FOC movie ticket at GSC Cold Class cinema which is expiring today. Then baked a caramel cake for the in-laws. Lately I saw so many Malay bloggers posted this caramel cake. I love the caramel and this cake is lovely. Just a simple dinner with the in-laws on Christmas Eve. My easy roasted chicken seriously there is no recipe for it. Just gather some roasted chicken recipes from Jamie Oliver and then did my own marination. Just agak-agak and it turned out to be nice. Have a blessed Christmas everyone. No turkey, roasted chicken also will do too!
1 whole chicken without the feet & head, cavity cleaned
1 head garlic
1 tsp sea salt
1 lemon, halved
2 tbsp McCormick Lemon Pepper seasoning
1 tbsp butter, softened
3 potatoes, cut into wedges
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken.
2. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sea salt into the chicken cavity. Stuff with halved lemon. Tie the legs with twine and tucked the chicken wings under the chicken.
3. Rub the whole chicken with softened butter and then sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning over the whole chicken.
4. Place the chicken in a shallow roasting pan.
5. Cut the top of the garlic. Drizzle some olive oil on the garlic and potato wedges and toss it in the roasting pan with the chicken.
6. Bake the chicken at 170DC for about 1 1/2 hours or till the chicken juices run clear with you prick it with a tester.