Here is a quick and easy lunch that I prepared for my kids. Something simple and easy to prepare on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I am using my THERMOMIX to cook the chicken rice and it only took me abouts 25 mins to cook. Everything done at one go. Bottom tier is the rice and the top tier is the chicken which I prepared for steaming. The steaming heat from the rice will steam the chicken and the chicken essence will drip down to the rice at the bottom. Hence, nothing is wasted .
I told hubby that I got no regret for getting this expensive machine. It is indeed really expensive and I’ve been thinking for 2 years before I make the decision to purchase it. I’ve been using it everyday for cooking and juicing and doing all sorts of things in the kitchen. Recently a cousin in Oz also bought one as they are amazed with the cooking that was being demo to them in Oz.
The chicken thigh was beautifully steamed and it is just nice not over steamed nor under steamed unlike when we steamed it over the stove because by using THERMOMIX, the temperature heat and time is all controlled.
I love cooking brown rice using THERMOMIX. Even my sis also agreed the brown rice cooked by THERMOMIX is way much nicer than using the rice cooker. My kids can polish off all the brown rice.
Check out the video I got it from you tube on how to cook chicken rice using THERMOMIX. It gives you a better idea what am I talking about for those who don’t own a THERMOMIX machine.
And here you go, below is my recipe for preparing Chicken Rice at home.
For the Chicken:
1 chicken thigh
A dash of sesame oil
1 tbsp Hsiao Shing wine
1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
For the Rice:
1 cup of long grain rice / brown rice, washed and drained
2-3 slices ginger
2 pandan leaves, knotted
Some chopped garlic
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp chicken stock granules
1. Marinate the chicken thigh with sesame oil, Hsiao Hsing wine and soya sauce preferably overnight.
2. Melt the butter in the pan. Sautee the ginger and garlic till fragrant. Add in the rice and stir fried for a minute.
3. Season the rice with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the chicken stock granules and add enough water to cover the rice.
4. Place the chicken thigh on top of the rice and cook over a small fire till the rice is cook.
5. Once cooked give it a stir, and cut the chicken into small pieces with a kitchen scissors.